Friday, March 20, 2015

Hello my chickens and bunnies!!!

And how are we today?

Harried Mum has had an up and down week.  Professionally, Harried Mum hit a bit of a high note.  Unfortunately, this was offset by her many and varied failings as a mother.  And so it goes.

Let's start with the good news.  Harried Mum was asked to speak at a conference.  People actually wanted to hear her opinion.  On stuff!  I felt important.  And then, slightly panicked.  Particularly when the organizers asked for a headshot and bio, leading to frantic googling of 'headshots' and a quick trip to a photographer.

On the day, Harried Mum had her hair done, reasoning that even if she was terrible, perhaps people might be impressed by her glossy locks.  In the event, it all seems to have gone OK.  Maybe the hair helped.  People remarked that they could hear me very clearly.  For those who know my speaking voice, this will not come as a surprise.

On the down side.  I sent Lunatic Child to school in dirty clothes today as I hadn't done laundry during the week.  Oops.  I have been informed by the school that I have not organized enough play dates.  Harried Mum is not doing her homework!!!   Trouble has entered the hitting phase of being a sodding toddler, having moved on slightly from the throwing phase.  I can't wait for biting...

All is not lost.  Trouble is starting to talk, in earnest.  Today's word of the day is 'Mine!'  He also enjoys using words like 'Stop it!' and 'Peppa!', his one, true love...  Lunatic Child is learning to read and is doing so well,  I can't express how much joy it brings me to see him getting it.  Fun Daddy and I are reading him Roald Dahl at the moment.  And I have so many books I can't wait to share with him.  If my boys love reading, I will have at least done one thing right.  The rest they can work out in therapy...

No comments:

Post a Comment